Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Secret Sewing Revealed

As 2021 comes to a close I have one project that I have not shared.
I bought some fancy ribbons and wanted to make a sewing bag with them.

The ribbons came with suggested bag patterns but I chose to make my own design.
Below are photos of the bag in progress.

The outside is plain canvas and the lining is an Art Gallery fabric.


I wanted it to be tall enough to hold crochet hooks and small
things like scissors, thread, and needles.


I had a hard time deciding which cute ribbons to use.
I stitched my daughter's initials in the same color as the background fabric.


I tried a new-to-me stitch.
First backstitch then whipstitch using the backstitches as the foundation.
I liked the way it raised the stitches and made them look more like cursive letters.


I used batting on the lining side of the bag.
This is a reminder of the mistake I made with the corner cutouts.


I sewed one side and saw that the folded side also needed the corners cut out
for the boxed bottom to work.


I drew the size of the cut out on the wrong side of the fabric. Then snipped it out.


Repeated on the outside piece.


Here is the bag.
The lining shows at the top by design. A small handle was made using the lining fabric.


This shows the hook and loop closure and the small scissors and needle holder.
The embroidery folder was my mom's.
I'm passing it on to my daughter.


A close-up of the inside of the bag.


Daughter said she liked it and was glad it closes securely.
She has an inquisitive cat who likes to play with small items.

I think that wraps up my sewing for this year.
I may go through my photos and do a quilt review before the new year.

Thanks for stopping by.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment