Sunday, October 3, 2021

Recent Sewing Projects

The backpack has a little engineers hat made from leftover fabric.
Little boy didn't leave it on long enough for a photo but it fit!
He's almost walking. Next time we see him he will probably be hard to keep up with.


Earlier in September I took 12 blocks to sew into a Quilts of Valor top.
After a little figuring I realized that 12 blocks were not enough for even the smallest size quilt.
Since I didn't have a large supply of appropriate fabric I did some more figuring to find a layout that required the fewest additional blocks.
Below is the on-point layout with six 9 patch blocks.
 


I bought a yard of navy and half yard of red and finished the top.
Received many compliments when I returned the top for someone else to quilt.


Working on Christmas presents...
I bought the PLAY panel and added a top and bottom section.
The plan is to make it into a draw string type bag for little boy to use when playing with
cars, etc. Hoping it will allow for a quick clean up. 


Will post the finish at some future date.
Happy sewing!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment