Sunday, August 2, 2020

Embroidery finishes

Last week I posted about buying 3 kits from DMC.com.
I finished them!
Two were embroidery kits and one was a cross stitch kit. 
All three were designs by the same artist.
There were only 3 stitches used in the embroidery kits - running stitch, back stitch, and lazy daisy.

Most of the rest of this post shows the different fabric I auditioned to sew them into a wall hanging.


I bought the fabric above in Rome, Italy, on a trip in 2014.
The fabric below was left over from a window treatment finished a few years ago.


Some of my Liberty of London from Italy and London.


More Liberty 

and more liberty
We shopped at the Liberty store on a trip to London in 2005.
I have been looking for the right project for these precious pieces.


This was the last kit finished -Shy Fairy.
I asked my artistic hubby to help me choose the fabric for the wall hanging.\
He chose this butterfly print from my stash.
I was leaning toward this one, too.


Here are the three pieces with the sashing fabric.
I plan to sew white fabric behind the embroidery pieces for stability.


The cream fabric on the left will be the backing for the hanging.
Look for a finish next week.


One last photo...
A friend is going to be a grandmother soon.
I made a little flannel receiving blanket for the new baby and I always give a book with a blanket.


Hope you have a great week!





No comments:

Post a Comment