Friday, July 10, 2020

This and That



I've been doing a little of this and a little of that since I last posted here.
One of our local fabric shops is going out of business and having a great fabric sale.
I bought 2 yards of 15 different cotton prints. One was too light weight to use in a quilt.
So, I made a top. This is the second time I have made this pattern and this time I followed the directions much more carefully. I cut out two tops yesterday and finished one today.


Very pleased with the fit. Even got a compliment from Mr. M.
The pattern I used is below. I made view D without the center panel.


Well I didn't exactly follow the directions. 
I made the pleat in the back the opposite by mistake.
Let's say it was a design choice.


I replaced the handles on this vintage tote bag.
I broke a needle sewing through all the layers.
Grandson David did not know who Chip and Dale are but was happy to have 
bag for all his treasures.


The smock below was a panel. It will be fun for dress-up play but I don't 
think it will be much of a paint smock. It could keep clothes clean from
glue or clay play or just when a little one feels like an Artist.


That's all from me. We have grandsons here for the week end.
It's very hot so water play and movie night with popcorn are on the agenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment