Friday, July 17, 2020

Garment Sewing Finishes


The last few weeks have been busy with visits with our grandkids and children.
I like to have lots of time to plan and contemplate when I work on quilts.
But garment sewing is different for me. I can pick it up and sew a bit in spare minutes.
McCalls patterns were on sale this week for $2 each. I bought five patterns - four for tops for me.
This llama knit was on sale, too. Then I went in search of stretch needles and twin needles for my sewing machine. In no time at all this knit top was finished. I love the fit and it was very easy to make.
A new pattern, McCalls 8115, I changed the back and sleeves. I left out the elastic in the back and made the sleeves longer.


This top was made from my fabric stash. I bought the fabric to make a maxi dress many years ago.
I used about half of the fabric to make Butterick 5999, view A.
The fabric is light weight and presses easily. I think I will wear it often.


Same top on a hanger.
Another easy top to make.


I shared this one last week.
This is the second time I have made this pattern and it was easier the second time.
New Look 6374, modified view D.


I tried two new patterns this past week.
Thinking about going back to My Small World quilt.
But wait! I have ordered some cute crossstitch kits from DMC.com.
I will share when they are delivered. Look forward to some hand sewing while I watch TV. 

2 comments:

  1. I used to do knit sewing years ago and still have fabric tucked away, should really get garment sewing again. The results are always nice, your new tops look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have been afraid of sewing knit fabric. Having the right needles helps.

      Delete