Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Finishes - Future Project - Progress

The week end was productive.
Finishes included this scarf. I bought the fabric over a year ago in NYC.
Didn't like the first finish, so I cut it off and sewed the raw edges into a tube.


Flannel baby blanket was a quick finish for a co-worker.


Future project - my son and daughter gave me these two books.
I ordered the wool felt for the blocks.


The colors are so rich. I'm a little afraid to start.
I think the first step will be to learn the stitches - there are only 32 !?!


Progress has been made on the 2018 Color Challenge quilt.
I sewed the 6.5" blocks together, added similar fabric and narrow sashing 
to expand the blocks to 13".
Between the blocks I am sewing a little wider sashing. 


Blocks were put together into 4 rows.
The in-between sashing is ready.


The border will be white with corner colors that match the darker blocks.
Can't decide what backing to use. Maybe something soft and cuddly.

Long week end coming.
Hope for more finishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment