This year I almost let the deadline for the Delta Fair pass by.
I had chosen what to submit but didn't keep up with the due date.
I submitted a dress, an apron, three small quilts and a table runner.
Joey and family went to the fair on Labor Day.
He called and asked if I wanted to know what I had won.
Of course!
I went on Senior Day and had a little hunt for my projects.
My Stay at Home Round Robin - no ribbon.
My Memphis row by row - no ribbon.
(It is my favorite mini.)
My green dress - 1st place.
My Tulip table runner - 1st place.
The modern fan mini quilt made from my dad's ties cut into wedges by mom - 1st place.
Wow! What a surprise. I never thought this would win a 1st place but Best of Show? No way.
Just goes to show that others may see what we do not.
Miss Ava had two projects at the fair this year.
Her card has a pop-up surprise that doesn't show in the photo.
Her lovely handwriting won 2nd place for her age category.
Good results for a first timer.
Now I am hard at work on my Midnight Garden wall quilt.
I hope to have ready for the quilter soon.
Happy Sewing.








No comments:
Post a Comment