Saturday, February 3, 2024

Coffee of Tea?

Several years ago I printed all the patterns for a tea themed quilt from the
My Carolina Home blog. I later bought a book of paper pieced patterns for
cups, bowls, teapot, coffee pot, and other beverage related blocks.


I collected all my favorite blue fabrics.
I just finished these blocks.
I looked online for setting ideas.
I really liked one with doilies under some blocks.


I have my mom's crocheted doilies but they were very stained.
Oxiclean was suggested as safe way to lighten them up.
Photo #1 shows the stained doilies.
Photo #2 shows one of the doilies after soaking over night.


In progress teapot above.


Sugar bowl and creamer 


Coffee pot

I am working on sashing and borders.
Look for more photos in a later post.

Happy Sewing!







 

No comments:

Post a Comment