Friday, September 29, 2023

NYC Fabric Store & other related pics

Monday Mr. M & I flew from Memphis to NYC to spend time with our daughter and her family.
The plan was to help the grandsons get to school and after school activities while our daughter was painting at an art retreat in Pennsylvania.
But she surprised us by coming home early.


Tuesday we visited the Natural History Museum to see the new addition and exhibits.


Wednesday Mr. M & I took a mini trip to Staten Island to visit Snug Harbor Cultural Center & Gardens.
The ferry ride from Battery Park to Staten Island is free and offers a great view of Manhattan, Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty.


Yesterday Emily and I went to Gotham Quilts in the garment district.
I have visited this shop every time I am in NYC but this will be my last visit.
They are closing the store in December. 
Their online store will still be open but I love going in-person.


I downloaded their free pattern and pulled some fabric before I left home.
The plan was to choose two fabrics from the shop.


Below are the fabrics I pulled from my stash.


So at Gotham Quilts I bought 12 fat quarters and got one free, a bag with fabric bits, a fat quarter stack, and picked up the machine quilting book I ordered.
It was a good thing we went Thursday 
because lower Manhattan had lots of rain today and GQ was closed. 


Since today was a rainy day, I stayed in and worked on finishing the felt Christmas projects.
We decorated the gingerbread houses as part of Gran's craft day this summer when the boys visited.
I added pearl cotton hangers today.


The stars and mangers were finished with yellow pearl cotton.


Seed beads added a little bling to this angel and music.


The angels below had blue seed beads added to the wings.
The yellow pearl cotton was done earlier.


The camels, wise men, and gifts were also embellished with beads.


That is all the sewing on this trip.
Next week-Canada.
Happy sewing!





No comments:

Post a Comment