Sunday, February 6, 2022

Setting Pineapples on Point

I decided to set my pineapple blocks on point.
The book I'm using does not have on point as an option.
I can fill the outside triangles with solid pieces of fabric but I want to continue the pineapple look.


One option is to make half triangles.
I used my square grid to check the size needed.


Another option is to cut whole blocks in half.
I'm leaning towards that option.
The book has an alternate block called pineapple chunks.
I have made one but it is not quite big enough.
I'm going to add another round, then check if that will work.


Above is the 8.5 inch pineapple chunk block.
After I add one more round it should be 10 inches square.


This handy reference book helps me with every quilt I make.

There are charts for sizes of side triangles for on point blocks.
What I really wanted to see were options for making half pineapple blocks.
Maybe others will want to see my interpretation.


Come back next week for a finished top.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment