Saturday, April 14, 2018

Ancient UFO finished!

First, look what's blooming in our yard.


The center of the quilt top below is my oldest UFO.
The pattern is hopscotch.
I added borders to make it lap quilt size.


Today I finished quilting it with a few detours for ripping and redoing one side.
I finished the binding and included a corner label as I was binding.


It is not technically a great quilt. Some of the blocks are missing points.
These are some OLD blocks, made when I was learning how to put blocks together.


It turned out to be 48" by 56". It has lots of my favorite fabrics.


The back is cream minky dots which led to some of the messy quilting problems.
But I like the snuggly feel of minky and I hope the person who uses it will, too.


Here are my orange April blocks. Early this time.


A very satisfying rainy day.
Now to ponder the design for my next border for the medallion challenge.
Happy sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment