Friday, September 19, 2014

The Real Finish

This is the real finish for this quilt I'm calling 'Woven Words'. The blocks were made by the board members of our state reading association. I am the president this year and the blocks were the idea of my friend Jo. She knows that I love to quilt and thought this would make a great memory quilt.



I took some much loved Laurel Burch fabric to frame the blocks. I wanted to use a striped fabric with butterflies, dragonflies, and hummingbirds for the vertical pieces. To get the most out of my limited supply, I decided to make the framing stripes look like a weaving. Can you see it? 


This is the back. I used some of the leftover stripes.


The quilting is mostly vertical stitch in the ditch with diagonal quilting across the word blocks. The quilting is more visible from the back.


Do you think this can double as the label? Finished Saturday, September 13, 2014.


Very pleased with how it looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment