Saturday, June 22, 2013

The Week in Review

The past week was busy with summer school field trip and art project and snacks for the kids. I had to take a break and take photos of the flowers in our yard. Below are some blooms from the chaste lilac tree.


Our hydrangea has changed from blue to pink. I guess the ph in our soil is wrong for the blue flowers. 


Lantana is a hardy plant for Mississippi. It blooms no matter how hot, wet, or dry the weather is.


Which makes me think of my tote bag with flowers all around. I want to treat it with Scotchgard to keep it looking good but I haven't been able to find any at the stores around here. Dread making a trip to Wallyworld to find it.


Made this snack for the kids at summer school. I'm calling it re-invented S'mores. Chocolate graham cracker, marshmellow creme, and dry roasted sunflower seeds on top. Yum! 


The kids made these fabric paintings with some of my small scraps. Thanks for the idea, Amanda Jean, at Crazy Mom Quilts.


Only one more week of summer school, then more time to sew!

No comments:

Post a Comment