Friday, December 20, 2019

Last post for 2019

This will be my last post for 2019. The week end will be busy with our church choir program and party. I will check on mom tomorrow and take her to a doctor's appointment Monday.
Then we will drive to Memphis for Christmas with Ava and her parents.
Which brings me to this bit of sewing.

First, I didn't make the baby doll outfit below.

I bought it for Ava's baby doll hoping I could figure out the size for her clothes since I don't have the doll.


I heard that Ava wants diapers for her babies. It's too cold for a baby to wear only a diaper, so I made a shirt to go with the diaper. The velcro fasteners haven't been sewn on yet.
These were made from scraps left over from flannel blankets I have made over the years.


I made my own pattern for the items above but I found a free pattern online for the baby bunting below. It was for a larger doll but I was able to resize the pattern to fit her 12 inch doll.


Here is the set for one baby doll.


Ava's favorite color is pink.
Here is the pink set.


The fabric used for this bunting was left over from a jacket I made Ava.
I wonder if she will notice that it is the same.


Here is the pink set.


We will fly to NYC to see Liam and David after Christmas and stay through New Year's Day.

When we get back I am scheduled for surgery after being diagnosed with cancer.
If you are reading this before January 7, 2020, please pray for me, my husband, and the medical team.

Looking forward to more sewing in 2020.

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear, I am so sorry to read about your cancer diagnosis. I imagine you feel like you have been hit with a ton of bricks, and run over by a big truck. It's always such a hard thing to take in - as I know. Very best wishes with your surgery and any ongoing treatment, and I'm sure your family and friends will be rallying around you as you go on this unwanted journey.

    ReplyDelete