Saturday, December 24, 2016

Ready for Christmas

The stockings are hung, waiting for tomorrow. Presents are wrapped for the most part.


The ceramic nativity that mom made is accessible for little hands to explore.


All the hand made stocking stuffers are ready.


AND I finally had time to quilt the little adventurers quilt.
This is my favorite part-trimming the extra fabric and batting.


It starts out looking so messy and is transformed into a neat, almost completed quilt.


After trying a wavy line style (and then picking that out) I decided on straight lines.


I'm thinking of adding hand quilting to the four adventurers. I've never done that before but I think it will look better than anything I can do with machine quilting. Wonder what thread would be best?

Wishing all a happy Christmas or whatever holiday you celebrate at mid-winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment