Monday, December 22, 2014

2014 in Review

In random order, here are some sewing projects and travel photos from 2014.


Memory squares made at MRA Leadership in July were made into this quilt I call "Woven Words".


This cutie turned 2 in May. He loves the movie Cars and had a visit from neighborhood firemen and the fire truck at his birthday party.
 

I started the year with some quilt finishes. The giant log cabin was for a nephew.


My first Saturday sampler was finished after about 10 years. 
This is half of it. The other half was donated to a raffle at school.



I took a class in July on accidental landscapes. 


Most of the family came together for Thanksgiving at mom's house. At 89 mom was happy to have all of us bring the food while she enjoyed visiting with grandkids. Kim surprised us with her announcement that she has been accepted to Ole Miss. A sad day for all of us Mississippi State grads. ;-)


In June we toured Rome and Florence. This was one of our favorite places outside of Rome.
I bought fabric in Rome and have made 2 scarves from some of the fabric.


TESOL was in Portland, Oregon in March. We took a memorable food tour in the pouring rain.
We rode the bus to a neat fabric shop where I bought several bits and pieces that have made their way into small projects like zipper bags and cozies.


Zipper bags appeared several times this year. A fun, quick sewing project.

This year I made 3 qwillows, 3 pillowcases, lots of coffee cozies, and cell phone covers.


Most fun was making a Mrs. Claus outfit and reading Christmas stories to kids at church and school. 
I am waiting for a quilt to be returned from the long arm quilter and I hope to finish one WIP over the break.  2014-a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment