Wednesday, March 12, 2014

New Window Treatment

Bought fabric and finished a new window treatment today. Cute fabric with pink birds and orange and pink flowers made into a fresh look for the middle bedroom. The old curtains were the same color as the walls - boring. I think the room looks a little bigger now. The valance will keep the morning sun from waking up guests too early. (Liam sleeps in this room when he visits.)


Photo above was taken without flash and the one below was taken with flash. The true colors are somewhere between these.


I have fabric to make a sweet pink, green, and white quilt for this bed. Can't wait to see how that will look. This bright/black quilt will make a good picnic quilt one day.
That's all the sewing I will get done this spring break. Picking up Liam from his other grandparents tomorrow. We'll be busy doing whatever 22 month olds like to do until his parents get back from Scotland.

I caught up on Parenthood and Revenge while I was sewing on the quillow and these curtains. Check & check!

2 comments:

  1. very nice, I like the valance only look, It finishes the window without dragging it down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful valance! it's a nice touch in the room!

    Thanks so much for linking up to Needle and Thread Thursday! I'd love for you to grab a button or add a text link to your post!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete