Friday, July 12, 2013

Mini flying geese blocks


Flying geese blocks are my least favorite blocks to make BUT these were really easy. I used the no-waste flying geese method. The blocks are going to be labels for a quilt show in Jackson in September. Each quilt guild in the area has been requested to make some mini turning geese for the show. At the last quilt meeting several quilters complained that the block was really difficult to make. A challenge! That's all it took. I had to try to make some. The block is a little tricky but not impossible if directions are followed.

I may make some more of these. They are great scrap busters. The largest piece needed is 3 1/4 " square. With this block and the migrating geese block, I may have to stop saying 'I hate flying geese.' ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment